The pendulum is swinging and metabolism is slowed down. It is time to swing back. As we age, we hope that the years grant us wisdom, unfortunately weight can come along for the ride. Nature is a phenomenon that is probable but not destined to occur. Fortunately, there are some things we can do to fight.
Exercise
I know what you're thinking ... Never had to exercise when I was younger. Might have been able to drink three shakes per day when you were younger and loose ten pounds, but this will not be the case as it continues to age and needs of the family, motherhood and life begin to take their toll. I'm so sorry. Are going to have to blame for this biology. Can look forward to 0.5% of muscle loss -1 year after 25 years. So Ladies, while aerobic exercises like walking and can get your heart pumping, do not forget to include some resistance training into your routine to get those muscles pumping. As for metabolism, muscle burns more calories than fat. Isn't that reason enough to pump some iron?
Changing your diet
If you're going to "jump start" your metabolism you intend to change your diet. When I use the word "diet" I am not referring to that word used to describe what is eating some celebrity at the time or a new trend of food that is plastered on the cover of a magazine. I'm talking about eating habits, is a way of life. First of all, you should always have breakfast. Skip breakfast is not good for anyone and does not send a good example for your kids either. Breakfast of the word itself is derived from the fact that it is in fact breaking the fast after sleep at night. The body was without food for at least 8-10 hours. OK, I know it's more like 5-8 hours. I thought you could use a laugh. And forget if you are nursing. Wait, where was I? Oh Yes ... If you are constantly skipping breakfast or other meals you set yourself for failure. Indirectly, she says that there is a lack of food and the body will react by storing calories as body fat. Skip breakfast is also a bad idea because people who tend to consume more calories during the day.
Drink to your health
Drinking water is one of the best things you can do to your body. Water flushes toxins and impurities, allowing the body to function at peak capacity. Studies claim that people who drink more water burn more fat. There is another reason to drink? Add a green teabag to the water and get even more benefits by increasing metabolism. Follow these tips and you will be a "hot mama" for years to come.
Lisa is a real student of life. Although most of his learning came from the scientific arena, she Garners her lesson lifestyle management from any setting. This self-proclaimed "domestic life Designer" is passionate about issues concerning the home and requires a multi-faceted approach to the issue from the viewpoint of modern MOM.